- Castles everywhere, ruined and inhabited! Duart, Ardtornish, Dunstaffnage to name a few.
- Lochaline in Morvern for Ardtornish Gardens: lovely walks with fairly reliable sightings of Golden Eagles.
- Tobermory: famous for its colourful seafront; interesting WWII history; the Armada galleon which sank in the bay.
- The island of Staffa, noted for the basalt columns of Fingal’s Cave.
- The Sound of Mull, good for sighting the White Tailed Eagle.
- Loch Linnhe, a varied mixture of island and high mountain scenery with magnificent views to Glencoe.
- Fort William: the best view of Ben Nevis; start of the Caledonian Canal for a cruise to Loch Ness.
The map below shows the location of some of the places of interest in the Oban area. Hopefully this Google Map will help you choose places you would like to visit.