- The Isle of Bute: Mount Stuart; Rothesay Castle; interesting early Christian history.
- Millport, on Cumbrae: a typical holiday destination popular from the days of the Clyde steamers.
- Isle of Arran: Brodick Castle; spectacular views of Goat Fell; an important geological site.
- Holy Island: early Christian history; Buddhist monastery.
- Ailsa Craig: not easy to land here but a very impressive sight.
- The fishing village of Tarbert on Loch Fyne.
- Inveraray: picturesque town; Inveraray Jail; Inveraray Castle.
The map below shows the location of some of the places of interest in the Firth of Clyde area. Hopefully this Google Map will help you choose places you would like to visit